Sunday 26 September 2021

Nomadland

Getting to bed at 4am the night before means I got a great big lie in this morning. Rebecca had been up, eaten breakfast and watched an episode of something all while I slumbered deeply. Once I was up though, the day quickly got into full swing. We did the second and third coats of paint in our kitchen - the results are tremendously pleasing and makes the room look so much lighter! To reward ourselves (and because we didn't want to use the kitchen) we got Korean fried chicken for takeout and watched Nomadland. If there was ever an easier film for the academy to issue and Oscar to I'd like to see it. Effortlessly good direction and gorgeously photographed landscapes made it a joy to watch. During long stretches of the film I noticed I became totally enraptured in its world and people. A solid film that easily gets my recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment