Friday 3 September 2021

Ray of Sunshine

We had an on set birthday for one of our cast members, they turned 18 today so it was a milestone to celebrate. The decorations we put up in her trailer went down very well, and she was over the moon when she saw her cake. She came onto our truck to offer some of us a slice. the 2nd AD pointed at me and said 'This is the man you need to be thanking, he arranged the cake', she turned and beamed at me. 'I can't believe you even got my favourite type of cake!' (I just got lucky) but her thanks was deeply sincere and it brought a massive smile to my face. 

The Sun poked out from behind the clouds so it was actually warm enough for me to break out my iced coffee. I offered it out on the communal WhatsApp group and our Floor Runner asked for a batch just to offer around. A few minutes later I get a message from the Producer which was literally just a photo of my coffee in his hand.

In stark contrast to the stressy vibes of the week, today was a true delight to work. Everyone was happy, professional and grateful for eachother. I'm glad my efforts quietly made everyone's day a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment