Tuesday 21 September 2021

Mr Food

I was told I had to help set up for a meeting this morning, but no one mentioned just how big and important it was. First hour I spent scrambling around making coffee and putting out pastries, scrimping together anything that even remotely resembled a ceral bar to add to my tea table. Brunch sorted, lunch to go. Collected everyone's lunch orders as per and drove to the cafe. There's a message on my phone, it's from the Coordinator on the other unit, low-key begging me to do a favour for them which MUST be done in the next hour. Guess I'm leaving my team, and my director hungry for an extra hour...

Nipped off to sort that job out, eat my dinner wn lunch then I'm off to the shops to buy more food. It's our tech recces tomorrow, this means that Production teams historically (and uncharacteristic) try to look loving and nurturing for the next 72 hours. Decoding this further means they get a lowly Production Runner to buy a full trolley of shopping so big wigs can snack on something during their minibus rides. No word of a lie, I was sent back to the supermarket after hours to buy Mars Bars for people's snack packs tomorrow in case they start flagging. I'm getting up early to pick up 45 breakfast baps for them to munch on. Slowly I begin to realize my entire job revolves around making sure a Producer can't turn their head without accidentally chomping on a Jaffa cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment