Sunday 26 September 2021

Paint in my Hair

Missing today: paint the kitchen. Rebecca and I have been silently dreading this one as our cooking space is full of nooks and crannies that are aalmost impossible to push a paintbrush into. Perseverance was key and eventually we got the first few coats done with only minimal paint spatter on my coffee equipment. Part 2 is tomorrow's job, afterwards we can bask in the glory of a beautifully painted kitchen.

Since the pandemic I've been sorely missing board game nights with groups of friends. We did a few over Zoom back in the day, all great fun, but it could never compare with a face-to-face gaming session. Mark and I headed out to another infamously lengthy board game night at our good friend's house. I had so much fun I only checked my watch properly when I left, it's was 3am... No regrets whatsoever. We had a tremendous 4 player game of Root (a game that's notoriously difficult to teach to a group) but everyone grafted to it so well and it ended up as the highlight of the night. So nice to spend time with old chums that I'd only seen over webcams over the last year or so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment