Tuesday 3 September 2019

Back 2 Bake Off

It used to be a sunny affair walking into work at 5:30 in the morning. Now the Winter hours are drawing in and the night shrouds the streets of Bedminster, concealing the weirdos that go jogging at crazy times of the morning. The cafe was busy once again, another nearby coffee place announced their espresso machine wasn't working today so I reckon we got some flow-in as a result of that. Finished work feeling shattered and in need of a pick me up, so I walked into my new favourite place to buy artisan coffee beans and enjoyed a damn fine brew once I got home.

No rest for the wicked though, moments after I took the final sip of coffee Nintendo announced a new Direct press conference for tomorrow evening and Sick Critic wanted someone to cover that story. I hopped on it sharpish, writing a quick piece that I was proud of. That left enough time in the afternoon to meet up with Rebecca for another house viewing and a swift dinner before Louis and Rachel headed round for the first of our 2019 Bake-Off Tuesday get-togethers. No time for home baking this week, but Asda did a good stand-in job for us. Bread week next time, might knock up a quick loaf for the occasion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment