Saturday 28 September 2019

Cast Iron and Coffee

After work Rebecca and I went out for not 1, but 3 house viewings. The first one we saw left an impression, especially since the chap who showed us around was a regular I serve at Coffee #1. He gave us a really lovely tour round and I offered to buy him a coffee next time he came in, I knew he was an estate agent so I felt like it was only a matter of time that I'd bump into him, but it still took me by surprise.

The labour of my cast iron seasoning finally came to fruition as I cooked my first ever batch of burgers in my Birthday pan and I can say confidently, and I know I say this regularly on this blog, these were the best burgers I've ever made. I knew the cast iron pan would give me an edge but I didn't expect the improvements to be so dramatic, got a really nice crust going on around the outside of the meat but the inside was still juicy and tender. Can't wait to cook more things in it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment