Tuesday 10 September 2019

I'm 26!

Cheekily woke up just a little ahead of my alarm because I wanted to savor every moment of this Birthday. Rebecca threw a suite of presents at me while I was still in bed, she got me some new pyjamas and a very nifty coffee brewer which I've had my eye on for some time. My folks sent over a pair of games I'd requested too, including a souped up version Rayman Legends, a game I got for my 20th Birthday and playing it again this morning brought back some fond memories.

In fact, playing games was kinda this morning's theme. In an ironic 'rejection of my age' (as Louis called it) I had a Saturday morning breakfast of sugary cereal and cartoons. After an easy morning Rebecca and I headed out for lunch and to the movies a bit later to see Bait, a great little Cornish film about a fisherman who is struggling to modernize with the world. It was in black and white, 4:3 and had entirely dubbed audio, normally that would make a film pretentious but there was more than enough substance here to make it come across as inspired - perfect Birthday watch.

In the evening I met up with Mark, Lucy, Jenny, Louis and Rachel for a BBQ in the park and to watch Bake-Off. I really did make the best out of every second of today, eeking out as much as possible for this Birthday that tipped me over into the other side of a quarter-century of life. Here's to an even richer and fuller year than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment