Wednesday 11 September 2019

Pride and Prejudice... Sort Of

Once a swift day of work was over, Rebecca and I headed to the Bristol Old Vic for the second time so I could finally make good in a Birthday present I got Rebecca well over a year ago: a paid trip to the theatre, the show: Pride and Prejudice... Sort Of. I've never properly engaged with any piece of P&P media so I didn't know the story, nor was I 100% certain a out what I was about to see, fortunately it didn't matter because the show was not only very forgiving to newcomers, it was jolly good. It was basically a witty retelling of the story, striking a tonal valence between Miranda and The Play That Went Wrong, plenty of big performances from a talented 6 woman cast with neat perfect comedic timing. Again, even though I personally wasn't familiar with the source material, that didn't keep the smile off my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment