Monday 15 August 2011

Empire Big Scre-ALIENS!?

Evening! Just got back from a pretty hectic day at the O2 Arena - had a great time at the Empire Big Screen event. Sarah and Dan picked us up this morning and we headed off to Leavesden Studios. My cousin Sarah has recently been helping out with 'Birds and Animals' who provide the furry companions for the Harry Potter films. As we drove through to donate some pet supplies we were treated to the sight of a decrepit 'Privet Drive' - I found it quite sad to realise that such an awesome part of my childhood is over. But - its all soon to be moved into the Harry Potter Experience which opens in 2012. Screw the Olympics - the dark lord is in town!


-Privet Drive standing tall-

At the O2 we saw some more of the animals from HP, attended an interview with Noel Clarke (woop!), saw LOADS of costumes and memorabilia, played an amazing game of Laserquest (I lost with a pathetic 5% accuracy) and went to an exclusive screening of 'Cowboys and Aliens'. Although extremely high concept - I found this film reasonably enjoyable for what it was. Well made, slick and Freddie Wong related. That's right Fordy - Daniel Craig is your Wookiee bitch now...

-Noel Clarke scoring 8/10 in his movie mastermind quiz-

Here is another treat for you - click here to see my Resident Evil 4 Nightmare when we went up to Bournemouth last year. Basically Jamie and the gang film my reactions as I play through the game. I apologise in advance for any profanities and inappropriate behaviour on my part - the game began to take it's toll! You don't have to watch all of it though - edited down from playing every night for a week means it's pretty long!

Blimey it's late now - coming home in the car and clumsily writing this entry on my phone so yesterday's comment about spelling has probably gone out the window! Anyway - another early morning tomorrow as I have a phone interview for a job at Waitrose in the morning and I have to pre-prepare some notes in case I freeze up.

Keep on enjoying the summer!
-Mark :D

No comments:

Post a Comment