Saturday 13 August 2011

The week that I learnt to speak


Hello! It's Mark back again for a bit - hopefully improving this blog's spelling until Theo gets back. I have just finished my weeks work experience at 'The Mill' and it was certainly very interesting. The first day was a bit of a scare - I found the train system a little confusing and then managed to get lost on my way to the office. I had to phone up the company and ask a policeman for directions - all very embarrassing. I then spent most of the day looking down into the washing up bowl and occasionally running a coffee up to one of the suites. However - as the week progressed, I started talking to the other runners there and getting to do a few more exciting jobs. They were all really nice people and it was good fun working with them - i'm hoping to go back during another holiday. Jack summed it up for me as I was just about to leave: "Sorry it was pretty f*cking manic but that's the life of a runner". As I walked through the underground with The Evening Standard under my arm, a weeks worth of invaluable experience under my belt and two free t-shirts in my bag - I tossed a coin to a cheery busker and thought to myself "this is the life for me".

Just a quick present for you all - click here to see Theo and I shooting BB's at a snowman. Hopefully i'll have uploaded some more goodies by tomorrow.

I just watched 'Battle: Los Angeles' and found it a bit of a disappointment - the only reason I watched it in the first place was to please the rest of the family! The acting was pretty diabolical and the plot was predictable. This was a world away from 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou' which I found fresh and incredibly amusing.

Right - i'm off to bed as it's an early morning tomorrow. I'm heading off to the Empire Big Screen event but stopping off at the Warner Brothers Lot to see what is left of Privet Drive - exciting stuff!

-Mark :D

No comments:

Post a Comment