Wednesday 31 August 2011

Blooming Russia

My only goal of today was finish my History homework which was an absolute nightmare, took me 5 hours and I'm not all that happy with it but at least I got it done so I don't really mind. Louis tried making a mug cake today, much to my disapproval but he persevered anyway. After 10 minutes of cleaning a very chocolaty oven he was greeted to a dry and bland cake, with a bit of cream he ate it all down.

I felt it appropriate too watch Doctor Zhivargo after writing a lot about 1910's Russia, it is probably also my first epic, and I did enjoy it a fair bit. Admittedly I have almost forgotten what happened in the first 2 hours or so, after I had to get up from my very comfy chair to urn the disc over I sat down and really enjoyed the second half. Russia looked like a glorious winter wonderland, especially the house in the final act of the film, springtime looked just as good, on a similar level to Days of Heaven I would say and there was the occasional moment of very cool cinematography. Enjoyable, but a little to long, especially the opening, if your watching it for homework like me then feel free to skip the first 6-7 minutes unless you want to absorb yourself into the music and setting of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment